Tuesday, January 12, 2021

REVIEW: Roommate by Sarina Bowen



ROOMMATE BY SARINA BOWEN IS NOW LIVE! 

RELEASE DATE: JANUARY 12, 2021


BLURB

Wanted: One roommate to share a 3-bedroom house, split the rent, and ideally not be the guy I can’t stop thinking about. 

I’m a man with too many secrets, so the last thing I need is a new roommate with a sexy smile and blue eyes that see right through me. Eight years ago, Roderick left town after high school. We’re not friends. I owe him nothing. But back then, I let one of my secrets slip, and he’s the only one who noticed. 

Part of me knows I should run far, far away. But the other part wants him to come upstairs and spend the night. But if I let him in, I could lose everything.

Seeking: a room to rent in town. I’m tidy, have no pets, and I will feed you homemade bread. 

I should probably add: Gay AF, and has no filter. It’s no wonder my new landlord is so wary of me. 

A smarter man would ignore those hot glances from Kieran Shipley. The broody lumberjack wants more from me than another fresh-baked pretzel. But if I push my luck, I’ll end up back on the street.

Too bad I’ve never been smart with my heart… 

...



Get your copy here! 


REVIEW

5+ stars

Audio review copy received in exchange of an honest review.

Gah! I loved Kieran Shipley so much. Roderick Waites was the PERFECT match for him! I loved revisiting the Truth North world and some of my favourite Shipleys.

This was my first Sarina Bowen M/M romance and she absolutely nailed it. This story is sexy, sweet, emotional and everything in between.

Kieran Shipley is quiet and reserved. He has often kept to himself and didn’t express much emotion. He hasn’t been very vocal to his family about his sexuality whereas Roderick is the complete opposite. I absolutely loved how Roderick opened up Kieran’s quiet side, it totally made me swoon.

Roderick is Kieran’s complete opposite but I think that is what made them work so well. He has just returned to Vermont after a messy break up in Nashville. His parents don’t welcome him home with open arms so he ends up living out of his car while working at the Busy Bean. Upon starting at the Busy Bean Roderick doesn’t expect to find a blast from his past, Kieran Shipley to be working there as well. Initially the two dance around each other but as soon as they find themselves roommates resisting each other behind closed doors is next to impossible.

The sexual tension was off the charts. I couldn’t get enough of them as they navigated from coworkers to roommates and then friends to lovers.

Teddy Hamilton and Stephen Dexter did an amazing job with the narration. They brought all the feels with their performance, from sexy and sweet to heartfelt and emotional. I loved it so much.

M/M romance fans be prepared to fall hard for another irresistible romance from Sarina Bowen! Five stars is not enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment

REVIEW: Vengeance of a Mafia Queen by Siobhan Davis

They tried to take everything from me. But where they failed, I will succeed. Unless he becomes my weakness. Vengeance of...