Thursday, April 15, 2021

Audio Review: Earn Your Extra Credit by Meghan Quinn

Earn Your Extra Credit by Meghan Quinn is NOW LIVE! 

BLURB

"She went home with someone else that night?" Hearing the disbelief from my best friend's mouth makes the events of my failed date sting that much more. I would like to make it known, I have a lot more swagger than what it seems. I don't normally ask a girl out, have her fail to recognize it's a date, and then give me a high five - as if I'm her wingman - and take off with someone else. No. Normally I'm the one taking the girl home, but with Stella, it's been one failed attempt after another and frankly, I'm done trying.  

But thanks to my best friend getting married in Hawaii right before the school year starts, I'm stuck on a tropical island, watching Stella parade around in what she claims is a bathing suit. Unfortunately, that's not the worst of it - just the tip of the iceberg. Because what I think is going to be a relaxing vacation, avoiding the one girl I can't seem to make it work with, has turned into a spectacle of being recruited as Stella's doting fake fiancé so she can save face with an old "friend" from high school. Now, I'm navigating through purgatory while trying not to get turned on by the way she holds my hand or kisses my jaw. It's all fake, that's what I keep telling myself - even though it feels entirely too real.



PURCHASE ON AUDIBLE HERE: 

https://adbl.co/3ggaNET


REVIEW 

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Earn Your Extra Credit is a hilarious enemies to lovers rom-com by Meghan Quinn. The book was a joy to listen to. It was so entertaining, full of humour, heart and even a tiny bit of angst. I devoured it all at once without stopping. The narration done by Sebastian York and Erin Mallon is fantastic. They voice the characters of Brock and Stella perfectly and I love the ability they have to draw you into the story immediately. 

Brock aka Romeo is a former pro baseball player, now coach at Forest Heights High School. He has been crushing on Stella for awhile now, they were even friends at one point but things have been become strained between them and now they find themselves stuck on vacation together, to attend Arlo and Greer’s wedding (from See Me After Class). This is where their relationship finally changes. It all starts with a fake relationship and grew from there. I had a hard time with Brock at first, he was so mean to Stella but at the same time I understood his frustration of being forced together on vacation and suddenly having to deal with his unrequited feelings for Stella. 

 These characters were equally frustrating and loveable. I found myself frustrated with them one moment, and swooning the next. Brock was harbouring some hurt feelings and Stella had some major self sabotaging ways that totally got on my nerves but the chemistry between these two makes up for some of these frustrating qualities and the end really rounds the story out and made me fall hard for them.

**Thank you Piece of Cake Audiobooks for providing me with an advanced listener copy in exchange of an honest review. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

REVIEW: Vengeance of a Mafia Queen by Siobhan Davis

They tried to take everything from me. But where they failed, I will succeed. Unless he becomes my weakness. Vengeance of...