Tuesday, May 4, 2021

AUDIO REVIEW: Fearless by Abby Brooks



Fearless 
Written by Abby Brooks 

Narrated by Connor Crais and Stella Hunter

Purchase here: https://adbl.co/3vB5h4e

Blurb:

Never date your (sexy-as-hell) next-door neighbor. File that under great advice - not taken. Especially if he’s hot. And witty. And successful. Did I mention hot? Never mind. The point’s the same.

I moved to Wildrose Landing because my life was a structure-fire burning down around me. They say a phoenix rises from the ashes, new. I crossed my fingers and took a leap of faith, hoping that proved true. After a certain ex, who shall not be named, did something so...unspeakable, the absolute last thing I was looking for was love. I didn’t have the energy for complications. I needed time to heal. To rebuild.

Alexander Prescott came stumbling into my life and didn’t care about any of that. He offered me a dream job without so much as asking for my resume. Which I took without thinking. (Hey, a girl’s gotta eat.) Besides, saying yes to new experiences is the kind of thing you do when you’re rising from the ashes and redefining yourself as fearless.

And Alexander Prescott is the walking definition of new experience. From his dark curls and whiskey eyes to the spark of chemistry that I constantly fight like hell to ignore. He’s a best-selling author. An icon in his own time. But he says he’s in over his head and swears I’m the only one who can help.

I know there’s something he isn’t telling me, but that’s okay, there’s something I’m not telling him.

REVIEW

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️



ALC received in exchange of an honest review. 

Fearless by Abby Brooks is such a beautiful story. I loved everything about it. The characters, the plot, the setting, all of it. I became immersed in Evie and Alex immediately. Both unique characters with incredible chemistry and easy banter. 

Evie is an aspiring author. She is new in town as she has been left a house in her great aunt’s will but little does she know what awaits her next door. Evie has been betrayed and is shy and reserved, making it difficult for her to trust men but there is something about her new neighbour she cannot resist. It might have something to do with the fact that he is one of her favourite authors, and upon meeting he hits her up with an offer she cannot refuse. 

Alexander is a successful writer but is on a writing deadline, and with a pesky editor that is on his case to find his muse he knows from the moment he meets Evie she is it. I loved Alex’s charm and charisma. He is confident, and brings out a fearlessness in Evie that she did not know she had in her and the chemistry and heat between them is undeniable. I love small town romances and Wildrose Landing is definitely I place I want to revisit again and again. I loved the introduction of some side characters and hope to see their books next. 

Listening to this story told in duet narration by Connor Crais and Stella Hunter was fantastic. Their voices pair well together, and their story telling flowed effortlessly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

REVIEW: Vengeance of a Mafia Queen by Siobhan Davis

They tried to take everything from me. But where they failed, I will succeed. Unless he becomes my weakness. Vengeance of...