Wednesday, August 4, 2021

REVIEW: Because You're Mine by Layla Hagen


Release Date: August 3

This sexy and heart-warming romance about a sworn bachelor falling for his best friend’s sister will melt your e-reader. 

Happy Ever After - guaranteed!

Can be enjoyed as standalone. 


Ian Gallagher loves taking risks. It’s how he turned the business he’s built with his brother into a success. But even he can’t cross some rules. His best friend’s sister is strictly off-limits, but when Ellie moves to New York, he jumps at the chance to help her settle in.

One look at her, and he realizes that not flirting with her will be a lot harder than he thought, and not just because she’s stunning. He enjoys her laughter and merciless teasing. How can he stay away when all he wants is to get closer?

Ellie Cavanaugh is living her dream. She’s finally working in a Michelin starred restaurant in New York. Her plan is to get as much experience as possible before opening her own place. Kissing her brother’s best friend is definitely not part of the plan. Neither is opening up to him in ways she never did with anyone.

Ellie knows that Ian isn’t looking for forever though. After all, her brother warned her that Ian was a sworn bachelor. And if she’s honest with herself, Ellie isn’t ready for love either. She’s never let anyone in before. But she can’t help giving in to the growing bond between her and Ian, even if it means putting her heart on the line.

Grab Your Copy Here:


Review

Rating: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Because You’re Mine by Layla Hagen is book #3 in The Gallaghers series. Since the end of the Dylan and Mel’s book (When You're Mine) I have been eager for Ian’s story. Layla Hagen did not disappoint. I fell so hard and fast for Ian and Ellie! Their love story is sweet and steamy and ALL CONSUMING! I couldn’t put it down from the moment I began reading until the end.


Ian has been dubbed the playboy and ultimate bachelor among the Gallagher siblings. All of that changes the moment his best friends sister, Ellie moves to New York. Even though she is completely off limits it was evident right from the start this was going to be easier said then done. Their attraction and chemistry is undeniable. The tension, timing and build up was perfection!

Ian has such big heart. He is the protective sibling, and hardworking. He co-owns a software company with his brother, Dylan. He is logical and hardworking but romance and relationships were never on his radar until Ellie. He is drawn to her and it is impossible for him to stay away. He needs to know everything about her and wants to give her everything she desires. Ian is sweet, caring and so attentive towards Ellie. It was so hard to imagine him as the playboy he was made out to be because he is the complete opposite with Ellie and I just loved that.

Ellie has come to New York after graduating culinary school with a plan to stay in New York for six months working at a Michelin star restaurant. She is focused on her career and has her future mapped out. I admired Ellie’s passion and drive. Not only is she driven she is equally sassy and sweet and fit right in with the Gallagher family. I loved the friendships she formed with Ian’s sisters. 

Because You’re Mine is a MUST read. It is a beautifully written, contemporary romance that I didn’t want to end. By the time I got to the epilogue my heart was so full and I loved getting to see where all the Gallaghers were at in their lives not just Ellie and Ian. 

*Advanced reader copy received in exchange of an honest review.




Meet Layla Hagen

Welcome! My name is Layla Hagen and I am a Contemporary Romance author.
I fell in love with books when I was nine years old, and my love affair with stories continues even now, many years later. I write romantic stories and can't wait to share them with the world. And I drink coffee. Lots of it :-D

I am represented by Louise Fury (The Bent Agency)

Connect with Layla Hagen:


Hosted By:

No comments:

Post a Comment

REVIEW: Vengeance of a Mafia Queen by Siobhan Davis

They tried to take everything from me. But where they failed, I will succeed. Unless he becomes my weakness. Vengeance of...