Monday, March 14, 2022

ALC REVIEW: Big Deck Energy by Kim Loraine

 



Big Deck Energy by Kim Loraine is NOW LIVE

Narrated in duet by Shane East and Stella Hunter



BLURB

A sexy mistaken-identity forbidden sports romance!
After my last romance turned into a dumpster fire, I did the only reasonable thing - I swore off men for all of eternity. So my bestie said she did the only reasonable thing - she signed me up for a freaking dating app. I thought it was a joke. But after too many martinis, I committed a cardinal sin. I slid into the DMs of the first eye-roll-inducing profile I found - @BigDeckEnergy.
With a name like that, how could I resist giving him a piece of my mind?
I never expected him to write back. I also never expected to like him.

His body? Sexy as hell.
Handle? Cocky.
Accent? Did I mention he’s British?
Personality? Funny, sweet, and witty.

Everything was falling into place until it all came crashing down and I remembered why I’d written off dating in the first place. Because Ethan Byrne wasn’t just @BigDeckEnergy. He was a pro hockey player. Number 41, the center for the Seattle Cyclones, to be exact. He also happened to be my brand-new client and completely off-limits.

Too bad I already knew exactly how big his deck really was.
Big Deck Energy is a steamy stand-alone novel in Kim Loraine's Anything for Love series featuring a strong heroine, a hero with a hot AF British accent, and lots of flirty banter. 

REVIEW ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

BDE captured me from the first sentence until the last. I just adored Elles and Ethan’s story! I have come to love Kim Loraine’s cowboys and falling for her big bulky sexy British hockey player was no surprise. She writes the swooniest heroes!!

Elles has had some unpleasant experiences with men in the past. She has deemed them all to be “douchebags” and has no intention of connecting with anyone on the dating app her best friend  set her up on. But, fate has other plans for her after one too many martini's and she is messaging @BigDeckEnergy not hesitating at all to tell him how she really feels about men like him. 

Ethan, a sexy pro hockey player had no interest in connecting with anyone on the app either. However, he is being pressured by a social media campaign to match with someone when he is slammed with the bold and witty messages from Elles and cannot help but engage with her and responds. So begins their flirty, fun, banter via DM. 

Shane East and Stella Hunter narrate this story in duet and I loved every minute of it. They bring this story alive with their animated voices, flirty text exchanges, laugh out loud banter and scorching hot chemistry. I can never get enough of Shane’s British accent but he also does a variety of other accents from his teammates that I loved as well. Stella as Elles was fantastic. Her personality is confident, feisty and sweet and she did a phenomenal job portraying her. 

This is a super fun, light, heartwarming listen. It is low on angst and high on heart and heat and I highly recommend it! I am looking forward to Savage and Becca’s story next!

Thank you Audibly Addicted for the Advanced Listen! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

REVIEW: Vengeance of a Mafia Queen by Siobhan Davis

They tried to take everything from me. But where they failed, I will succeed. Unless he becomes my weakness. Vengeance of...