Friday, March 18, 2022

AUDIO REVIEW: Make Me Whole by Marie Johnston

 

Make Me Whole, Oil Barons #1 by Marie Johnston is now available is audio!

Narrated by Lee Daniels and Tyler Darby

BLURB

I had a perfect life. Schoolteacher. Married to my high school sweetheart. Little starter house that we called charming but was really just old. All I needed was the 2.5 kids, and I’d be living my perfect dream. Then my husband died.

After the funeral, I had a breakdown that lasted for a month...or 12. But now I’m reemerging, healing, finding my way. It’s time to learn who I am now and whether or not I can fix a leaky sink. And by my side, the entire time, is my husband’s best friend, Liam. The single dad knows a thing or two about personal struggles and about how to replace faucets.

With Liam, I feel alive again. Confident. Capable. Liam has become my best friend, too. Except if my parents, my in-laws, and the rest of the town had any say, I’d stay far away from him and his bad-boy reputation.

How do I admit to them what’s so hard to admit to myself? That I’m starting to look at him like he’s more than a friend. That the heat in his eyes when he looks at me is far beyond friendly. That like it or not, Liam makes me feel whole again.

Get your copy here!

https://adbl.co/34TGyR7

REVIEW ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Make Me Whole is a heartbreakingly beautiful, emotional friends to lovers romance, about finding love after loss, healing and beginning again. This is my first time listening to Marie Johnston and it will not be my last. Kennedy and Liam’s story captivated me from the moment I begin listening. There are some tough moments of grief and pain for Kennedy as she finds her footing again after the loss of her husband, Derrick. She is mourning him, but is strong and determined to gain back her life and return to some normalcy and turns to Liam, Derrick’s best friend and cousin. Liam is Kennedy’s rock. His is strong for her, when she cannot be, he is supportive and patient and as she works through her grief. The romance between Kennedy and Liam is slow burn but the pacing and timing was perfect for their journey. There is a forbidden aspect to it, so rushing it would have felt unnatural and unrealistic to their story. Lee Daniels and Tyler Darby’s voices were perfect bringing Kennedy and Liam’s story to life. Their pacing, pitch and tone was perfect. Their storytelling is natural and flowed well. Both Lee and Tyler are new to me narrators and I will be looking out for more stories narrated by this duo in the future.

Thank you Home Cooked Books for the advanced listen in exchange of an honest review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

REVIEW: Vengeance of a Mafia Queen by Siobhan Davis

They tried to take everything from me. But where they failed, I will succeed. Unless he becomes my weakness. Vengeance of...