Wednesday, March 30, 2022

AUDIOBOOK REVIEW: Say it’s Forever by A.L. Jackson

 

Say it’s Forever by AL Jackson

Narrated by Joe Arden, Andi Arndt 

https://www.audible.com/pd/Say-Its-Forever-Audiobook/B09TRX3GFF

BLURB

From NYT and USA Today best-selling author A.L. Jackson comes a close-proximity single-parent stand-alone romance about a woman on the run and the man who will do anything to save her....

Jud Lawson found me stranded in the rain.

Broken down on the side of the road in a deserted neighborhood with my piece-of-crap car.

I wasn’t looking for a hero, and definitely not one who looks like him. An obscenely hot mountain of a man who screams danger.

But I have little choice other than climbing onto the back of his bike.

One look at Salem Aguilar, and I’m hooked.

The girl is devastation wrapped in a black, seductive bow. A knockout. A dream.

Turns out, she needs a job, and I need the help.

Now I have a vixen strutting around my shop, and I’m the fool who’s itching to reach out and take what he can’t have. 

But neither of us can ignore the burning attraction.

The fire that leads to a kiss. A kiss that has us falling into my bed. The connection that has me wanting the one thing I’d never thought I could have again.

Because monsters like me don’t deserve love.

Only Salem has a secret, too.

She’s been running for years, and her past just caught up to us....

REVIEW ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Say it’s Forever is the second book in AL Jackson’s Redemption Hills Series. What a story! My heart took such a beating while experiencing this incredible story. I have not felt such big FEELS like this in a very long time! It is a rollercoaster of epic proportions and consumed from beginning to end. There is suspense, emotion, angst and a pretty epic plot twist that stunned me and am STILL thinking about. The beauty, the pain, the redemption, the love these characters experience together is so incredibly written. 

Jud has demons. He has managed to escape the MC life that his father brought him and his brothers up in. However at a cost because it has left him with some deeply routed emotional scars. He battles them everyday but has found solitude in his shop restoring motorcycles. I adored Jud. Deep down he is the ultimate protector, and when pushed he will do anything it takes to keep his loved ones safe. Underneath his gruff, bulky exterior is a man with an enormous heart and meeting Salem was just the balm he needed to heal and mend. 

Salem is strong and courageous. She has come out of some really horrendous circumstances always looking over her shoulder and doing whatever she has to, to protect herself and daughter.  Having said that she would love nothing more than to plant roots and stay in one place but she is panicked and scared about the possibility of what staying could mean for not only her physical safety but her heart as well.  Salem’s daughter Juniper aka Juni Bee was the most adorable loveable kid. I loved her innocence and honesty.  

Salem and Jud have such a unique, special connection. They are battling similar hurts, fears and pain but they also have the most explosive chemistry. There was no stopping the pull they had to one another. 

Joe Arden and Andi Arndt blew me away with their performances of Jud and Salem. Joe with his gruff, sexy voice gave me shivers in those intimate moments and cracked my heart in two during the real, raw honest emotional ones. Andi Arndt does a fantastic job displaying the many sides to her characters emotions. Passion, fear, pain, and love. I felt it all. I cannot imagine a better pairing than these two narrators to bring Salem and Jud’s story to life. I highly recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

REVIEW: Vengeance of a Mafia Queen by Siobhan Davis

They tried to take everything from me. But where they failed, I will succeed. Unless he becomes my weakness. Vengeance of...