Saturday, September 14, 2019

BOOK REVIEW: BAD BOY BLUES BY SAFFRON A. KENT

SYNOPSIS:

Cleopatra Paige hates one thing in this world – just one – and his name is Zachariah Prince.
In grade school, he pulled at her pigtails. In middle school, he spread false rumors about her. And in high school, he ruined her prom.


She hates that his smirks are unfairly sexy. And she definitely loathes that his dark eyes seem to follow her everywhere. Sometimes, even in her dreams.


It doesn’t matter that he’s rich and popular or that he lives in a freaking mansion full of butlers and maids. He’s rude and arrogant, and she wants to stay as far away from him as possible.


But unfortunately for Cleo, she lives in the same freaking mansion as Zach.


Only he’s the prince and she’s the lowly maid who serves him.


ADD TO YOUR GOODREADS TBR | BUY FOR $3.99 ON AMAZON OR READ FOR FREE WITH YOUR KINDLE UNLIMITED SUBSCRIPTION

4.5 STAR REVIEW

What a roller coaster ride of emotions that was. MY HEART! Loved Cleo and Zach. This was a true enemies to lovers/bully romance. The kind that you just can’t get enough. Saffron A. Kent is famous for these taboo type storylines and she writes them so well. Her writing is so powerful with all the feels! It will leave you with such deep, raw, real heartfelt emotions.

Zach and Cleo knew each other growing up. He bullied Cleo from the time she was 12 years old. Right from the beginning of the book you know that Zach was raised in a rich powerful family with no love from either parent. He doesn’t believe in love and you can see that he is dealing with some deep rooted pain from his upbringing.

Fast forward 3 years, and Zach returns to town and reconnects with Cleo as she is now working as a servant and his family's estate. Their chemistry is instant, and as Cleo starts to break down his walls, and unravel his pain she discovers what Zach was really dealing with growing up.

I really enjoyed the the reverse fairytale storyline where the girl saves the prince and highly recommend it. 


QUOTES I LOVED:

47%

"If he’s a false prince, then I’m his street Cinderella. I don’t need glass slippers or a pretty gown to change our stars. I can do it in my quiet leather boots and my gray uniform." 

52%

“I knew the moment I tasted your lips I’d become a fiend for them. And now you’ve fucked up,” he keeps growling, jacking up my heartbeats. “Because you’re mine now, Blue. Mine. And you’ve got no idea what I’m gonna do to you.”

53%

"You’re my prize, Blue. You’re my prize for all the fucking suffering.”

54%

"Mine. My prize. She is my prize. She. Is. My prize."

55%

"Bullying has consequences. It creates ripples that span for years. Sometimes for an entire life. They call you fat and so you stop eating. You watch what you eat until you die. They call you a nerd and so you stop reading in public. You still look over your shoulder when you read on a park bench. It destroys you, a vital part of you. It fucks with your mind, with your heart, with your soul even. It changes your beliefs, your lifestyle. It makes you anxious. It causes panic. It won’t let you sleep."

89%

"You’re in the core of me. You’re in my fucking essence. And no one can take that away from me. Not even death.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

REVIEW: Vengeance of a Mafia Queen by Siobhan Davis

They tried to take everything from me. But where they failed, I will succeed. Unless he becomes my weakness. Vengeance of...