Thursday, December 31, 2020

AUDIO REVIEW: Hate You Not by Ella James

Hate You Not by Ella James IS NOW AVAILABLE IN AUDIO! 

A sexy, emotional stand-alone romance from USA Today best seller Ella James, performed by Zachary Webber and Ava Erickson!



BLURB


I didn't know I was that person. You know - the one who gets the kids. But that's what the will said. June Lawler: legal guardian. All my sister's kids have ever known is San Francisco, but I have to take them back to our family's small-town farm.

The last thing I'm expecting is the dark car rolling down my dirt driveway. The man who steps out of it is as rich as he is rude, and I want nothing to do with him. Even if my traitor body didn't get the message.

***

My little brother was everything to me. Now even his kids are gone. Spirited away to Heat Springs, Georgia - population 298.

They're living on a farm that's on the brink of bank foreclosure with a 26-year-old who didn't finish high school. Nowhereville is not the place for little Mastersons, but I'll get them back.

"June Bug" Lawler is poorer than the red dirt she comes from. It's money she must want, and I've got plenty of that. I've never met a problem that my money couldn't solve. This country girl won't be the first.

PURCHASE HERE: 


REVIEW

4 stars!


Hate You Not by Ella James is an incredible story about two people finding each other in the most unexpected of circumstances.

June is a strong and resilient. Life has handed her not one but two devastating losses and the last one left her the guardian of her sister and brother in law’s children. She adores her niece and nephew and tackles her new role with no hesitation. She moves them from LA to Heat Springs, Georgia to the farm she grew up on. Just as they are settling into a new normal along comes Burke, a new uncle from their dad's side that the children did not know about. Burke is gorgeous, he is wealthy and thinks he can win their affection over with his money. June however is having none of that. Burke is an unexpected surprise for June. Although there are some serious hate to love vibes going on the two soon realize how much they have in common underneath their exerior.

I did not expect to love this one as much as I did. I was surprised by the all the feels this one gave me. Once June and Burke stop fighting their insane attraction to one another, the emotional connection was just as beautiful as the physical one. I couldnt get enough of them.

In listening to the audio version, I could not imagine a better pairing than Ava Erickson and Zachary Webber to portray June and Burke. They both are master performers and really get deep into the emotional side of their roles which was perfect in this story.

*Advanced Listener Copy provided by Piece of Cake Audiobooks in exchange of an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

REVIEW: Vengeance of a Mafia Queen by Siobhan Davis

They tried to take everything from me. But where they failed, I will succeed. Unless he becomes my weakness. Vengeance of...