Friday, January 15, 2021

AUDIO REVIEW: Dark Heart and Twisted Fate by Ella James

 Dark Heart and Twisted Fate by Ella James is NOW AVAILABLE is audio! Performed by the fabulous, Jason Clarke and Carly Robins. Produced by Piece of Cake Audiobooks.


About DARK HEART: 

An emotional thrill ride narrated by Jason Clarke and Carly Robins! 
He's the broken prince who takes the train to my elite Uptown school. 
I'm the pretend princess with her life mapped out.

We meet at a masquerade ball on the Upper West Side, and we both feel it. His bruises match my cracks. Our love cures everything that ails us. Or it should.
But this isn't a fairy tale. It's a tragedy.

We're tangled in a web of lies from the first moment, star-crossed long before we ever know what turns our story dark.

What should have been the perfect first love ends in bloodshed and so many broken things.

Luca Galante's not a prince at all. And this is a cautionary tale.

About TWISTED FATE:

Narrated by Jason Clarke and Carly Robins, Twisted Fate is book two in the emotional, star-crossed Dark Heart Duet from USA Today best-selling author Ella James! 

I thought he was the white knight. Looking back, it makes sense. I was young and needed saving. Luca was my strength. He could take on anything - the world, for me. They say first love cuts the deepest. Ours became a blade that bled me out. It turns out I didn't know a villain when he held my heart in his hands. Now it's darker - more like his.
 
Elise was my whole world - until my world burned, and I destroyed her with me. Some betrayals, you can't undo, no matter how much you wish you could. I can't help who I am now, and why would I want to? I run this city. No one's going to take me down - not even the Manhattan District Attorney's office. I heard they've got a file eight inches thick on Don Galante. But dodging bullets is my business. They play dirty, but there's no one dirtier than me. The DA learns the hard way who's in charge; he's out. It should be time for celebration. 

There's just one problem: his heir. Or should I say heiress? Elise O'Hara wears a crown of lies, a gown of red, and a fat diamond on her left hand. Now it's me and her. Or her and me. Only one of us will be left standing when the story's over. This is how you write a tragedy.


Purchase your copy here! 

Twisted Fate: http://adbl.co/3oIezbH

REVIEW

DARK HEART

Story ★★★★
Performance ★★★★★
Overall ★★★★

Ella James is a fairly new to me author. I have only recently discovered her books and I have loved her writing in contemporary romance but wasn’t at all sure what to expect in the dark romance/mafia genre. However, she completely blew me away! I was hooked from the very beginning. The story features two teenagers, Luca Galante and Elise O’Hara. These two are complete opposites but are drawn to one another, and cannot resist the connection and intensity that they feel for one another. I loved every emotion, every thought, every feeling these two shared. I couldn’t get enough of them. Luca’s upbringing tore at my heartstrings. Luca is a sweetheart with a huge heart. He makes sacrifices for those he loves and is swimming in betrayal, deceit and lies and has to make heartbreaking decisions that will have long lasting effects. Elise has grown up the complete opposite to Luca. She comes from a family of privilege but has some secrets underneath as well. She seems to come alive with Luca and the connection they share is one she does not want to let go of. By the end of the book my hearts was in shambles! This story is full of suspense, heartache, forbidden love, family and it left me needing the second book immediately. 

I was blown away by the fantastic narration done by Carly Robins and Jason Clarke. These two are incredible story tellers. Together they delivered such a stellar performance. I loved how in sync they are with each other and the way that they tap into every emotion was beautiful.

TWISTED FATE

Story ★★★★★
Performance ★★★★★
Overall ★★★★★

4.5 stars

Twisted Fate is the epic conclusion to Luca and Elise’s story, first introduced in Dark Heart and I knew by the end that Twisted Fate was going to put my heart through a gamut of emotions but I could have been prepared for all that would entail. This is a star-crossed lovers romance with so many complications and obstacles to overcome. The twists and turns and all these two would endure to be together left me reeling and on the edge of my seat needing and wanting more from start to finish. 

Luca is loyal, protective and loves so fiercly. He is more heavily involved in the mafia world than he was at the end of Dark Heart, he is now a mob boss and Elise has become the city’s District Attorney. She is beautiful, strong and successful. Being together now is even more forbidden than it was when they were young and they have huge obstacles ahead. Luca and Elise share a love so intense and so powerful. Their connection is intense and blazing hot. The steam factor was definitely dialled up from book 1 to 2 and I loved it.

I adored Jason Clarke and Carly Robins in Dark Heart and loved them even more in Twisted Fate. Another outstanding performance and when Luca and Elise speak Italian to one another my heart totally swooned at these sweet, tender moments and these narrators delivered those lines with perfection. 

*I received an advanced listener copy from Piece of Cake Audiobooks in exchange of an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

REVIEW: Vengeance of a Mafia Queen by Siobhan Davis

They tried to take everything from me. But where they failed, I will succeed. Unless he becomes my weakness. Vengeance of...