Saturday, March 27, 2021

AUDIO REVIEW: Let it Show by Tawna Fenske

From USA Today best-selling author Tawna Fenske comes the second book in the Juniper Ridge series performed by Jason Clarke and Erin Mallon! 

How the hell did I end up on TV faking like I’m not falling for the world’s sexiest shrink?

Yeah, I agreed to live at an old cult compound and let cameras tail me around, but a plotline about a grumpy single dad finding love? Big nope. All I want is a brewery to run and a fresh start with my daughter. Just toss me the keys, keep the psych sessions short, and remind me again why I can’t fall for Dr. Mari Judson.

At least I’m not alone. She’s as thirsty as I am for what’s brewing between us, but Mari runs scared when we get close. Something’s stopping her, and a woman with secrets is a recipe for heartache. Trust me, I know.

Blame her sexy brain, her quirky parrot, or the way my kid adores her, but I can’t quit chasing Mari. It’s bound to blow up like a can of Kolsch tossed down the stairs, so why can’t we stay apart?

And why do I think the good doc is hiding something huge?



REVIEW

4 stars!

Let it Show is Tawna Fenske's second book in her Juniper Ridge Series. It is a single dad, romantic comedy. The concept is quite unique. An ex cult compound turned into a community to be featured on a reality TV show.

Griffin is a talented Brew Master. He is a hard working single dad. He has some emotional scars after his divorce and is focused on starting over and providing a good life for his teenage daughter.

Mari is the community’s psychologist. I liked her immediately. She has a sweet, quirky personality and although she tried hard to resist her attraction to Griffin, it soon becomes impossible. A relationship between she and Griffin is very much complicated in the fact that she has no choice but to keep some serious secrets from him due to patient/doctor confidentiality.

Mari and Griffin have intense, undeniable chemistry that they could not ignore. Conflict was inevitable given the secrets she was keeping but I liked how all was resolved in the end and throughly enjoyed this audiobook. 

As always the narration done by Jason Clarke and Erin Mallon was perfection. Their voices pair well together and they did an incredible job bringing this story to life.

*Advanced listener copy received from Piece of Cake Audiobooks in exchange of a honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

REVIEW: Vengeance of a Mafia Queen by Siobhan Davis

They tried to take everything from me. But where they failed, I will succeed. Unless he becomes my weakness. Vengeance of...