Thursday, September 16, 2021

REVIEW: The Lie by Karla Sorensen

Release Date: September 15

Rule number 1 for the team owner’s daughter? Don’t date the players.
Especially not hotheaded tight ends with tattoos and impulse control problems. 
That's why Dominic Walker is completely off my radar. Sort of.
Babysitting the team troublemaker when he's forced to volunteer for the foundation where I work means I can't exactly avoid him.
I wish I had though. Because once I get to know Dominic, it's almost impossible to ignore the feelings he brings out in me. 
Pretty soon, I'm breaking all my rules. I just have to hope he doesn't break my heart in the process.  

Grab Your Copy Here:

Amazon US | Amazon CA | Amazon UK | Amazon AU

Free in KU 

*******************************************

REVIEW

Rating: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★



Karla Sorensen completely blew me away with Dominic and Faith's story. It is opposites attract/enemies to lovers romance with so much angst and all the feels. As a long time fan of the author's Washington Wolves series I was excited to dive back into a world I know and love and devoured it in one sitting. I was completely captivated by the story and characters from the beginning. Faith is the daughter of Allie and Luke (from The Bombshell Effect) she is sweet, smart, focused and driven. I admired her passion for her work and her family. Dominic has recently been traded to the Washington Wolves, and has a bit of a reputation. He has a temper and comes across as moody and broody but underneath he has a heart of gold. Karla is SO talented at writing slow burn, tension and scorching chemistry and she absolutely delivered that with Faith and Dominic. I just loved every interaction between them! I could not get enough. Not only do they have fabulous chemistry physically but emotionally they were so in sync with each other. My heart swooned and squeezed so many times for them. What stands out the most for me is the growth in Dominic's character and this bad boy footballer definitely stole my heart!

Note: I received an advanced reader copy in exchange of an honest review.

Audiobook - after finishing the ebook I also received an advanced listener copy and devoured the story again by listening to the incredible narration done by Lance Greenfield and Stella Hunter. They did a fabulous job narrating Faith and Dominic. The passion, and emotion in both of their voices hooked me and made me fall in the love with the story and characters all over again.

Whether you read of listen to your books, I cannot recommend this story enough. It is one of my favourites this year and I cannot wait for Faith's sisters book, The Bet coming next year.

Meet Karla Sorensen

Well, let’s see ... I’m a wife and a mother. If the things that I write bring a smile to someone's face, then I've done my job.  


I am obsessed with Outlander (both the books and the show). I’m almost exclusively a romance reader, which means some people will never consider me a literary snob. 


If I could meet one historical figure, it would be Jane Austen. I received my Bachelors in Public Relations and worked in health care marketing before I had my babies. 


I hate Twitter. I do it, but I hate it. Also, if you want to get on my good side, bring me wine and I'll love you forever. 


Connect with Karla Sorensen

Website | NewsletterFacebook | Instagram | Twitter | Amazon Author Page | Goodreads | BookBub | Reader Group


Hosted By:     

No comments:

Post a Comment

REVIEW: Vengeance of a Mafia Queen by Siobhan Davis

They tried to take everything from me. But where they failed, I will succeed. Unless he becomes my weakness. Vengeance of...