Wednesday, October 20, 2021

REVIEW: PROMISE ME FOREVER BY LAYLA HAGEN


Release Date: October 19

As a divorced single father, I live by three rules:

1. Make sure every day my daughter, Paisley, knows she’s number one in my life. No. Matter. What.
2. Keep contact with my cheating ex-wife to a minimum.
3. Turn Maxwell Wineries into a legacy that keeps Paisley set for life.

When I hire Lexi to look after my daughter, I realize I need another rule: don’t pursue Paisley’s nanny.

But even if I had that rule it wouldn’t matter. Because I'm breaking it already.

Grab Your Copy Here:





REVIEW

4 STARS!

Promise Me Forever by Layla Hagen is a sweet contemporary romance read that features Tate Maxwell, single Dad to adorable nine year old daughter Paisley and her nanny, Lexi. I LOVED these characters! Layla writes such beautiful stories. The way she is able to interweave family, love, friendship and loyalty into each and every story I love.

Tate Maxwell is the CFO of Maxwell Wineries. He is a hardworking and devoted dad and believes family always comes first. The Maxwell family consists of Tate, his five brothers, two female cousins, his mom & dad and grandma Beatrice. I loved the family dynamic of the Maxwells. Plenty of playful banter and teasing that had me smiling and laughing out loud. They are also a fierce and loyal group. Tate has had to pick up the pieces of Paisley’s mother leaving him and their daughter for a life of modelling. He hasn’t had time or room in his heart for relationships. UNTIL LEXI. 

Lexi Langley is a fourth grade teacher and is on her summer break, looking to make some extra money to help her family while on her summer break and applies for the nanny position. Upon first meeting Tate and Lexi had some seriously incredible sparks. The heat between these two burned off the pages! I enjoyed the light push and pull while they grappled with their feelings that should be forbidden. 

The Single Dad/Nanny trope is one of my favourite tropes to read in romance. There is something so special about the love between dad and daughter and nanny and child. 

This was a great intro to Layla’s new series. There was some light drama that I wasn’t a fan of which kept me from giving this a full five stars but other than that I adored it! I love the ground work laid for the next couples book!

**ARC received in exchange of an honest review.


Meet Layla Hagen

Welcome! My name is Layla Hagen and I am a Contemporary Romance author. I fell in love with books when I was nine years old, and my love affair with stories continues even now, many years later. I write romantic stories and can't wait to share them with the world. And I drink coffee. Lots of it :-D

I am represented by Louise Fury (The Bent Agency). 

Connect with Layla Hagen:



Hosted By:

No comments:

Post a Comment

REVIEW: Vengeance of a Mafia Queen by Siobhan Davis

They tried to take everything from me. But where they failed, I will succeed. Unless he becomes my weakness. Vengeance of...