Sunday, November 14, 2021

AUDIOBOOK REVIEW: BURDEN BY MELISSA ELLEN

 Audiobook Review

Burden by Melissa Ellen

Narrated by Connor Crais and Chloe Ryan

Get your copy!

ABOUT THE BOOK

One day, the life I lead will get me killed. It's my burden to carry. 

One I easily accept. One I never thought twice about until the day I met her. 

While avenging his mother’s death, Declan Connolly trusts no one, not even the men sworn to be loyal to him as the leader of their Irish clan. The final warning Declan’s father gives him on his deathbed is one he holds close to his chest. But when Francesca Costa stumbles into his life, he must decide whether he will continue to heed his father’s warning or trust the Italian beauty that could destroy everything.



REVIEW

⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐

Burden by Melissa Ellen is the second book in her Made series. This story is full of action, crime, and drama. It is a thrilling read and one I couldn’t stop until I finished.


Declan is seeking revenge after becoming the head of the Irish mob due to his father’s heinous murder. He trusts no one and will not allow himself to get distracted or allow anyone to get in his way. Until Francesca. She is the one thing he never saw coming and her need to seek answers about her own father lands herself deep into Declan’s world. These two were magnetic! Their intense connection and phenomenal chemistry was addicting. The way Francesca sees through Declan and is able to soften some of his hardness and Declan’s ability to ground Francesca made them the perfect unit and they became unstoppable together. One of my favourite things about a mafia romance is the strong theme of family, loyal and love and this story has this in spades and I highly recommend it. 


Connor Crais' performance blew me away. His ability to tap into the raw emotion of Declan’s character was impressive. Chloe Ryan is a new to me narrator. Her voice aptly portrayed the emotion and complexities of Francesca’s character and these two brought this story to life phenomenally.


Note: I received an audible review copy via Valentine PR in exchange of an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

REVIEW: Vengeance of a Mafia Queen by Siobhan Davis

They tried to take everything from me. But where they failed, I will succeed. Unless he becomes my weakness. Vengeance of...