Wednesday, January 5, 2022

ARC REVIEW: The O Zone by Kelly Jamieson


Amazon | B&N | Apple | Kobo| Google

ABOUT THE BOOK

Owen Cook
I have one goal: To be the best hockey player I can be. I’m not going to waste the opportunity I have. All my focus is on hockey. I avoid distractions like women and relationships during the hockey season, but when a quirky subway busker asks me out on a fake date, somehow I’m intrigued enough to accept.

Emerie Ross
I gave up my music dreams to look after my half-sister. I don’t want her to feel as alone and neglected as I did after our mother died. But my ex-boyfriend is still trying to win me back and now my stepfather is helping him. Gah! I’d rather drink bleach than marry Roman Moretti. If they think I’m involved with someone else, maybe they’ll give up on that idea. All I need is a man…a date for a party.

Owen
When Emerie introduces me to her wicked stepfather (ha) I realize I’ve made a huge mistake. He’s my boss—the man who owns the team I play for. And he’s not happy to see me with Emerie. Can you say career ending move?

Emerie
Oops. I hate hockey. How was I supposed to know who Owen is? How are we going to keep Vince from trading him away? How am I going to make sure I stay happily un-married? We’re going to have to keep up this pretense even if it means me going to hockey games. Ugh. Even if it means disrupting Owen’s rigid routines. Even if it means everything gets a lot more complicated.

REVIEW

⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐

The O Zone is a hockey, forbidden, fake relationship romance and I adored it. I have recently fallen hard for Kelly Jamieson’s hockey romances and her Bears Hockey II Series is off to a fabulous start with Owen and Emerie’s love story. I already cannot wait for more in this series to come! Owen is driven and focused. He is committed to his hockey career and won’t allow himself any distractions, including romantic entanglements. He lost his brother unexpectedly and it is important to him that he see all his career goals through for not only himself, but also his brother. When Owen stumbles across a beautiful busker in the subway station she completely takes him by surprise and when she propositions him for his help he cannot seem to resist helping her out. Emerie is my kind of heroine. Loyal, selfless and hard working. She is talented and has a creative soul and loves her sister fiercely. Her connection with her sister is so special. She gave up her music career to look after her. Now her dad is working with her ex-boyfriend to get them back together. In efforts to derail him she brings in Owen as her fake boyfriend. One small problem is that Emerie’s dad turns out to be the owner of the hockey team Owen plays for and he may have inadvertently put his hockey career in jeopardy! The emotional impact of this book took me surprise. Emerie and Owen’s relationship was not an easy one. They fought hard through many obstacles and getting to their HEA was so satisfying after all they endured. 

*Netgalley ARC received in exchange of an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

REVIEW: Vengeance of a Mafia Queen by Siobhan Davis

They tried to take everything from me. But where they failed, I will succeed. Unless he becomes my weakness. Vengeance of...