Tuesday, January 11, 2022

AUDIOBOOK REVIEW: Mafia Casanova by M. Robinson and Rachel Van Dyken

 



Mafia Casanova by M. Robinson and Rachel Van Dyken

Narrated by Neva Nevarre and Joe Arden

Publisher: Spectrum Audiobooks

Purchase on Audible here:

https://adbl.co/3qfDN4u



BLURB

From Wall Street Journal and USA Today best-selling author M. Robinson and number-one New York Times best-selling author Rachel Van Dyken comes a full-length, stand-alone romantic suspense novel.

Trust.

Loyalty.

Family.

The tangled web of mafia life.

We grew up together. Me, Eden, my brother Tristian.

He was always the safe bet, the sure thing, the good guy.

And me? Well, I was the Casanova, the killer who flirted with anyone and anything, breaking Eden’s heart again and again.

We both loved her.

Mind.

Body.

Soul.

Until I gifted her to my brother as if she meant nothing, when she meant everything to me.

Tristian was safer.

Better.

Could give her the life I never would be able to.

But things changed.

We changed.

My only goal was to protect her, making her hate me in return. Except once my brother wasn’t standing between us anymore, I decided…

It was my turn to claim what had always been mine to begin with.

REVIEW

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

M. Robinson and Rachel Van Dyken make up one incredible writing duo.  I have read several books by both of them individually and love them equally but WOW I was in no way prepared for what they would be able to produce together. Their writing is phenomenal. These characters, the setting, the suspense is mind blowing. The writing is also dark, gritty and has all the angst and emotion you would expect from these two authors. 

Romeo Sinacore is ruthless, dark and dangerous but oh my goodness the way he protects and loves gave me all THE FEELS! Romeo never felt he was good enough for the love of his life and his best friend, Eden. He believes deep in his soul that due to his rank in the famiglia that giving her to his brother is the safe bet and because he will do anything to protect her he sacrifices his love for her for what he feels is best.  

I loved Eden so much. She is truly one of my most favourite heroines. She is the daughter of a made man and is no stranger to the dark dangers of the mafia world. She has been best friends with Romeo and Tristian Sinacore her whole life. She has grown up into a feisty, bold, strong woman and loves Romeo but she reluctantly excepts a life with his brother knowing that Romeo has closed the door on a relationship between them.  

This story is jammed pack with feels! Incredible passion, angst and high intense emotions. There is a powerful message of family and choices and the domino effect they can have. All the truths, lies and secrets to uncover left me reeling!  Mafia Casanova is told in past and present and was written perfectly, I have to say that am generally not a fan of books that jump from past to present but the way these authors wrote the story it is absolutely necessary to the storyline and not at all choppy. 

Narration- This book is told in dual POV and read by Neva Nevarre and Joe Arden. Their performances were utter brillance! Joe Arden's voice is captivating and emotional. The cracks of emotion in his voice as he tells Romeo's story squeezed at my heart. There is some heavy violence and dark subject matter that brings out the darker side of his voice and I thought he did such a fantastic job with those scenes. Neva Navarre as Eden was perfect. Her voice is rich, and smooth. She nailed all the emotions of Eden's character, flawlessly. I could not imagine two better narrators to bring these characters to life the way they did. 

This is a 5+ star listen all around! Highly recommend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

REVIEW: Vengeance of a Mafia Queen by Siobhan Davis

They tried to take everything from me. But where they failed, I will succeed. Unless he becomes my weakness. Vengeance of...