Wednesday, January 19, 2022

REVIEW: Hold Me Forever by Layla Hagen

Release Date: January 18

As the hockey league’s star goalie, I live by three simple principles:

1. Keep a pristine image.

2. Work hard on the ice. 

3. Don’t piss off the bosses…too much.

 

I was killing it until a mishap tarnished my image. Now, management has me cleaning up my reputation and coaching a bunch of kids. And damn, those little punks are growing on me, and so is the program coordinator, Kendra. 

 

I’m hellbent on proving myself, but my attraction to Kendra takes me by complete surprise. 

Her defenses are up, but I like a good challenge.

Management’s directives are clear: "Kendra is off-limits."

 

But like I said, I'm the goalie. I do the blocking. I won’t let anyone stand in my way.

Grab Your Copy Here


Review

⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐

Hold Me Forever is book #2 in The Maxwell Brothers Series by Layla Hagen. While this can be read stand alone I highly recommend catching up on Tate and Lexi’s story first, in Promise Me Forever. Layla Hagen is one of my favourite authors when I am in the mood for a heartwarming, sweet, low angst love story and she absolutely delivered that with a Kendra and Tyler’s story. Tyler Maxwell is a goalie for the NHL’s hottest hockey team, the Chicago Blades. He has recently found himself in a bit of hot water with the team after a video went viral and he has been benched by team management until he can clean up his image. Volunteering to coach hockey at a youth center for underprivileged children ought to do it. Here he meets Kendra, the organizer of the volunteer facility and sparks fly immediately between them. Although neither of them are at places in their lives where a new relationship is a good idea the pull to Kendra for Tyler is strong and he falls hard and fast for her. He has been warned a relationship with Kendra is off limits but he won’t let that deter him. I loved Tyler when he was interacting with the youth at the center. He is sweet and supportive to them and helping them out just because he can and has the means to. Kendra is a woman I highly connected with. She is a determined, strong young woman with a huge heart. She loves her job and fights for the programs and kids she believes in. I loved getting more the extended Maxwell family. Kendra and her sister Emma fit right in. They are a supportive, all up in each other’s business kind of family but it’s because they love so hard, and I absolutely loved it. I cannot wait for the next one.


Meet Layla Hagen

Welcome! My name is Layla Hagen and I am a Contemporary Romance author.
I fell in love with books when I was nine years old, and my love affair with stories continues even now, many years later. I write romantic stories and can't wait to share them with the world. And I drink coffee. Lots of it :-D

I am represented by Louise Fury (The Bent Agency)

Connect with Layla Hagen



Hosted By:

No comments:

Post a Comment

REVIEW: Vengeance of a Mafia Queen by Siobhan Davis

They tried to take everything from me. But where they failed, I will succeed. Unless he becomes my weakness. Vengeance of...