Thursday, April 14, 2022

REVIEW: Show Me Forever by Layla Hagen

Release Date: April 12

I moved to Chicago six months ago, determined to finally open my own bakery. My landlady was this sweet woman who treated me like her granddaughter.
Then she sold the house. Now the devil himself is my landlord and neighbor since I live in the guesthouse on his property. Declan Maxwell is moody, unreasonable, and takes himself far too seriously. Unfortunately for me, he’s also damn sexy.

When he shows up on my doorstep in the middle of the night ordering me to turn down the music, I give him hell. Secretly, I’m also checking him out. We go toe to toe like this almost every night.
The man is impossible. But here’s the thing. I need a place to stay while I save for my business and this place is a steal. So, I need to put up with this handsome devil, though from a distance—because he’s far too gorgeous.

Then one day I come home injured from work and he surprises me by taking care of me.
And kissing me.
And just like that, all my best intentions go up in smoke.

Grab Your Copy Here:
Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon AU

Free in KU  


Review
⭐⭐⭐⭐

Show Me Forever is the third book in Layla Hagen's Maxwell Brothers series. This is the oldest brother, Declan's story. Declan is the lawyer in the family. He is super serious and hard working with a big heart underneath. 

Liz has just moved to Chicago with the dream of opening up her own bakery. She is working multiple jobs to earn the cash to make her dream come true. The only thing she wants to do at the end of her day is to play music loud, and dance it out as a way to distress. Declan is Liz's landlord and she rents a guest house from him. As Declan is preparing to ream Liz out for blasting her music so loud, he watches her dancing, and sees a different side to her and one he is very attracted to.

The grumpy/sunshine trope is one of my top favourite tropes to read in romance. I loved how Liz calmed Declan's grumpy attitude with her happy sunny personality. They have fantastic chemistry and so much heat between them. Liz fit in perfectly with the Maxwell clan.

This is a heartwarming, low angst, feel good love story that in the end will leave you with a smile on your face. I am looking forward to Luke Maxwell's story next!


Meet Layla Hagen
Welcome! My name is Layla Hagen and I am a Contemporary Romance author.
I fell in love with books when I was nine years old, and my love affair with stories continues even now, many years later. I write romantic stories and can't wait to share them with the world. And I drink coffee. Lots of it :-D

I am represented by Louise Fury (The Bent Agency)

Connect with Layla Hagen:


Hosted By:

No comments:

Post a Comment

REVIEW: Vengeance of a Mafia Queen by Siobhan Davis

They tried to take everything from me. But where they failed, I will succeed. Unless he becomes my weakness. Vengeance of...